Monday, April 16, 2012

Paying My Dues-Research, Research, Research Guardian Cookware

I love doing research and learning about new things. In this business, there is no way any person can know everything there is to know about every item that they come across!  I belong to a wonderful group called Ebug which stands for Ebay Underground. We are a group of moms, dads, and singles who buy and sell on Ebay and other venues.

When one of us comes up with an item that we don't know the history about, we put the item up on the board to get information from others. It is a wonderful giving group who are very special! They are more than willing to share their time, knowledge, love, laughter, and a bit of everything else with anyone who needs it!

This week a good friend of mine, Jess from Ellie's Alcove on Ebay had an item that she needed help with. She had a wonderful set of glassware that was a hostess gift from the Guardian Cookware Party Era. I took the time to research this line as it was one that I was not familiar with.

If you don't know about Guardian Cookware, it was a waterless aluminum set of cookware that was produced from the 1930's to the 1950's in California. The cookware was sold at in home parties such as Tupperware, Home Interior, and Party Lite items are. The great thing was in those days, the hostess gifts were awesome sets of exquisite silver ombre and clear glasses with the matching silver rimmed coasters. These came in an awesome chrome holder.  Here is a picture of the set that Jessica has for sale in her Ebay store right now. She got one of the rare sets and I am sure you will agree it is timeless! I am sure it will have a new home in a retro or modern kitchen very soon!

 Here is a link to Jessica's Ebay store if you want to take a look!

Not only does research give me more knowledge, I get to look at beautiful things that I would not normally get to drool over!

No comments:

Post a Comment