Sunday, April 15, 2012

MidCentury Modern Is Sizzling Hot Right Now A Pickers Paradise!


Knowing what to pick is half the battle for a modern day treasure hunter on the prowl. Learning which themes and styles are desired are a must for anyone who wants to be a "picker" is a must! Midcentury modern style is a big seller today. If you don't know what midcentury modern is, google it!

In a nutshell, the sleek styles from the 50's and 60's that have that different look are being picked up by collectors today at fabulous prices. Things that really tend to sell well are Danish items especially those made of wood.

Lamps from that era are another good seller. Things that are made of chrome and brass with nice lines never tend to go out of style. People tend to always like shiny things and most well made metal lamps tend to hold up well.

Here is an example of a midcentury modern banker's style brass table lamp that I picked up recently. As you can see it has the vintage green glass shade with the chain pull that collectors are looking for. It is up for sale in my Ebay store right now. Give it a look!

Another type of lamp that is hot with collectors now are the antique and vintage phone lamps. Most of these are actual working phones that were repurposed and made into table lamps. Who doesn't love those old phones that we grew up with? They make us reminiscent of childhood and of a simpler, sometimes happier time! I distinctly remember being a teenager telling my friends all my secrets while listening on the phone for the little old ladies who lived next door making sure they didn't pick up on the line. We had a party line back in the day and I didn't want the whole neighborhood knowing my business!

Take a look at the great phone lamp that I found recently. It is definitely a one of a kind! I have it in my Ebay store now and I am sure that it will be making it to its new home soon! These are just examples of the fantastic treasures you can find if you are a picker in the know and keep a good eye out there for those finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment