Thursday, May 15, 2014

Paying My Dues

Wow I cannot believe how long it has been since I have written here. This has been a crazy year for my family and myself.  Some years are better than others I guess.

2013 turned out to be a topsy turvy year for me.  My father who had been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer passed away in June.  The first half of the year was spent trying to keep up with my business, traveling to see him when I could and learning how to let him go. I lost my Mom in 2002 so this was a very hard thing for me to process.

After losing my father I found out I needed 2 different surgeries so I spent the last half of the year taking care of my own health needs.  My family ended up taking care of me. This was even harder than me taking care of everyone else!
I am a very independant lady and am not used to letting go of the reins to let anyone take care of anything.

We are just getting back to normal if there is such a thing.  Ebay has made so many changes in the last year it has made my head spin.  Many sellers are grumbling and griping about the new changes and wondering if they will survive them honestly. 

As a smaller volume seller, I have concerns as well. I do know one thing at this point in my life.  Change is ever constant.  Without change we die.  I am still kicking, breathing, and moving forward.  The new changes may be challenging and some may not be pleasant. 

I will learn to deal with them as I have learned to deal with every other thing in my life.  I will keep paying my dues.


No comments:

Post a Comment